Chico Calif.—Pleasant Valley High School will honor the late, beloved teacher and Coach Brett Silva on Saturday.
The soccer tournament that Pleasant Valley hold every year, Senior Soccer Showcase will now have the name, The Brett Silva Memorial All-Star Soccer Classic.
This is the fifth year that the school is hosting the All-Star game.
Brett Silva was the boys’ soccer coach from 1996 to 1999.
He also coached the girls’ soccer team from 2010 to 2017.
Brett Silva was killed in a car crash in 2017.
Principal John Shepard hopes that Pleasant Valley High School will continue to recognize, and honor Silva’s legacy.
The girl’s team will play Saturday at Pleasant Valley at 1 p.m. and the boys will play at 3 p.m.
Tickets for the game are $5.
- Brett Silva Memorial All-Star Soccer Classic
- Brother, District Attorney weigh in on Brett Silva case
- Investigation into Death of Brett Silva Moving Forward
- Loved ones hold candlelight vigil for Brett Silva on 1-year anniversary of his death
- Blood Source Summer Classic
- Soccer Star Megan Rapinoe Raises Money for Carr Fire Survivors
- Brett Kavanaugh In The Spotlight
- California Peace Officers' Memorial
- Andrew Brake Memorial Service
- 9/11 Chico Memorial Service