Areas of gusty northerly winds continue today.
Dry conditions are expected through the remainder of the week with cold overnight temperatures and near normal daytime highs.
Next chance of precipitation Is this weekend.
Little change to the morning forecast as the upper low dips into the desert southwest while high pressure nudges in from the eastern Pacific.
Breezy winds are expected today, but they will likely remain below wind advisory criteria this afternoon.
Wednesday into Thursday, high pressure dominates but we'll see calmer winds.
Daytime high temperatures continue near normal with chilly overnight lows.
The next chance for rain arrives this weekend, after a week and a half of drier weather.
The upper low approaches the North State, so expect rainfall to spread across the region early Saturday with accumulating snows over the Sierra & Southern Cascades.
There should be a brief lull in the precipitation as a fleeting ridge moves through Sunday morning, but we're seeing continuing storm threats in it's wake.
It's looking like a deeper trough will impact the weather early next week.
Gusty winds over the Sierra are likely.
7 DAY: Redding forecast
7 DAY: Chico forecast
WEATHER: Maps and radar
- Breezy Afternoon, Rain Ahead This Weekend
- Chance of Rain this Week, Breezy Weekend Ahead
- Some Rain Sunday and Breezy Week Ahead
- Warming this Weekend & Staying Breezy
- Breezy through Wednesday, with a warm weekend ahead!
- Breezy & warm through the week, mostly dry weekend ahead
- Breezy & warmer conditions ahead for your Wednesday
- Breezy & warmer conditions ahead for your Tuesday
- Breezy & warmer weather ahead for Northern California
- Rain, cool weather ahead for the weekend