High pressure dominates out forecast and gives us these mostly clear skies today, and it's going to stay breezy through the evening, with winds at 20 to 30 mph across the valley.
Afternoon temperatures are in the mid 60s to low 70s in the valley.
An inside slider system will dive southward across the region on Thursday, bringing shower activity over higher terrain and slightly cooler temperatures.
Rain will be light and we might just get a few inches of snowfall across the northern Sierra Nevada.
We'll have enoguh sun and warm temperatures to keep roads wet in the afternoon so those mountain roads should stay clear.
We'll stay warm and dry and a little breezy through Frifay, with temps in the upper 40s to mid 60s over the mountains late this week - that's about 2 to 8 degrees above normal.
Saturday starts sunny but by Sunday we have chance of rain in the mountain and foothill areas, and maybe in the Redding area.
By Monday and stronger system move in, giving us a better chance for wet weather into Tuesday.
Temperatures look to drop below average, but not by much, staying in the 70s and upper 60s for valley highs.
7 DAY: Redding forecast
7 DAY: Chico forecast
WEATHER: Maps and radar
- Breezy & warm through the week, mostly dry weekend ahead
- Warm, Dry Weekend Ahead
- Breezy, Warm and Dry All Week
- Warming this Weekend & Staying Breezy
- Mostly dry & breezy today
- Breezy through Wednesday, with a warm weekend ahead!
- Nice & warm weekend ahead
- Breezy Monday, Warm Temperatures
- Breezy Afternoon, Rain Ahead This Weekend
- Chance of Rain this Week, Breezy Weekend Ahead