REDDING, Calif. - A man with extensive facial tattoos was arrested after allegedly brandishing an imitation firearm at cars near a Redding Safeway supermarket Wednesday.
According to Redding police, officers arrived at 2275 Pine St. involving a man with a gun; the victim says a man, later known as Anthony Martin Parks, 30, of Redding, was waving a gun at passing cars.
The victim continued to talk to the 911 dispatch and kept a safe distance away from the suspect to provide a good description of the suspect.
Parks, a known parolee in Redding, was still armed with the gun when officers arrived, according to Redding police.
When authorities told Parks to drop the gun, he complied with officers without further incident.
Parks was previously arrested on September 22 and released 13 hours later due to jail capacity issues, and when he was arrested for a September 29 parole violation he was let go an hour later.
- Brandishing Fake Gun at Passing Cars Lands Redding Parolee in Jail: Police
- Man Arrested For Brandishing Loaded Gun at Someone: RPD
- Man arrested for brandishing sword, resisting arrest
- Man arrested for biking through Redding park with fake gun
- Police say threat made on Redding high school was fake
- Redding Police: Felon Arrested for Gun Possession
- Fatal Redding Car Accident
- CHP: Oroville parolee and wife arrested for stealing vehicles
- Redding Gun And Drug Arrest
- Update: Chico Country Day School on lock down- Chico Police locate missing parolee