Chico, Calif. - Mary K. Jensen, phD is a retired Professor Emerita from CSU, Chico. Her new book is called "Rudy's Rules for Travel: Life Lessons from Around the Globe. It's a tale about she and her husband ... a marriage of "opposites"... and their humorous travel stories, along with poignant lessons from the odyssey of a World War II Veteran (Rudy).
The American Library Association's Booklist calls it a "fun and tender memoir... a remarkable story with astonishing moments of wonder, especially at the kindness and generosity of strangers ... leaving the reader convinced the rules are worth following."
Jensen is a member of the American Association of University Women in Chico, and she's part of its scholarship committee. She will be donating the proceeds from sales of her book at a book signing event to AAUW scholarships on Saturday, April 28th. It takes place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at ABC Books, located at 950 Mangrove Avenue in Chico.
Jensen told Linda Watkins-Bennett on Action News Now at Noon that her husband went to college on the G.I. bill and it changed his life. And she was able to attend college with help from scholarships, grants and loans. This is her way of "paying it forward".
You can learn more about Jensen and her new book at www.marykjensen.com.
- Book Signing Benefit for Local Scholarships
- Community Yard Sale is a Benefit for Scholarships
- Scholarships for Future Teachers
- The Local Table to Benefit Anthropology Museum
- PG&E offering more than 200 college scholarships
- Redding book lovers gather for bimonthly book sale
- Chico Author Pens Children's Book
- North Valley Health Education Foundation accepting scholarship applications
- Two Pleasant Valley High seniors win $1,000 scholarship