SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - A well failed in Shasta County -- one that fed water to the Sugarloaf Resort community on the shores of Shasta Lake.
The groundwater supply has been significantly lower than normal at Sugarloaf and tourists and locals have been using more water than the well can produce.
There was an electrical failure that caused the well to shut down so Shasta County is now pumping in surface water which will need to be boiled before it's used for drinking.
Authorities believe this will be the situation until the end of September.
- Boil Water Advisory for Sugarloaf in Shasta County Rescinded
- Boil water advisory issued for Shasta County
- Boil Water Advisory Issued Following Carr Fire
- Boil water advisory issued for Quincy area
- Boil water advisory issued for Quincy
- Boil Water Advisory For Castella Area of Shasta County Rescinded
- Boil Advisories Lifted for Old Shasta and Keswick
- Winter Weather Advisory in Effect in Northern Shasta County
- Boil Water Advisory Canceled for Clear Creek and Centerville
- Parts of Butte Co. and Shasta Co. Subject to Flooding, Advisories Issued