BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. – Authorities identified the body of the man found in the Feather River as Jacob Gonzales, who is a suspect in a murder case.
Gonzalez had been charged with murder in March 2018 when the decapitated body of Katherine Cunningham was found on Camano Island, Washington.
Investigators linked Gonzales to the crime through DNA evidence found on a samurai sword.
Detectives said Gonzales drowned. The investigation is ongoing, but detectives said there are no signs of foul play.
- Body of murder suspect found in Feather River
- Body found by kayaker in the Feather River
- Missing Chico kayaker found in Feather River
- Feather River Health Center Reopens
- Feather River drowning victim identified
- Marysville murder suspect found at Feather Falls Casino, police say
- UPDATE: Distinctive Tattoos May Help Public ID Body Found in Feather River
- Feather River Flows Increase Until June
- Feather River Fish Hatchery Ladder Opens Friday
- CHP fishes stolen car from Feather River