SHASTA LAKE, Calif. - Just before 3 p.m. on August 20, Shasta County Sheriff's Dive Team located a body near Packers Point on Shasta Lake after a three-day search.
The male, being left unnamed until notification of next-of-kin, was found approximately 79 feet below the water's surface on Tuesday afternoon.
This follows a three-day search beginning Sunday afternoon, August 18, when the victim and three males were fishing on the Lake and jumped into the water to cool off.
Not wearing a life jacket, the victim began to struggle and when one of the three men tried to help, the victim pushed the man away.
After trying to help with rope and throwing a life jacket to the victim, as well as one of the men again trying to grab ahold of him, he ultimately went under the water.
Cal Fire, Boating Safety units and the County's Dive Team began a dive operation in attempts to locate the victim, though he was not located.
Beginning Monday morning, the operations began again with the victim still being unlocated.
On Tuesday, just before three in the afternoon, the Dive Team located the body of the Victim near Packers Point.
The body has been turned over to Shasta County Coroner's Office where notification of the next-of-kin is pending.
- Body located in Shasta Lake after three day search
- Shasta Lake Drug Arrest
- UPDATE: body found by fisherman in Shasta Lake identified
- Shasta Lake Probation Search Leads to 6 Arrests
- Shasta Lake busy despite wet start to Memorial Day Weekend
- Shasta Lake gets ready for Memorial Day weekend
- Shasta Lake City Manager Announces Retirement
- Missing Woman Found Alive Near Shasta Lake
- Deputies Find Deceased Man in Shasta Lake
- Hirz Fire impacts Shasta Lake Businesses