Investigators now know the identity of the man found in the water of an irrigation ditch on Skyline Boulevard in Oroville, Thursday morning.
He is 66-year-old James Hasking from Oroville.
On Thursday a "South Feather Water & Power" employee was walking around when he found Hasking's body in the water and called the police.
An autopsy has not been conducted yet, but Butte County Sheriff's investigators do not believe the death is suspicious in nature.
They say there is no evidence of a struggle nor any obvious signs of trauma.
Officers also did find a car in the woods a little above the ditch but they don't know how or why it got there.
- Body identified in Kelly Ridge area
- CAL FIRE knocks down unoccupied structure fire at Kelly Ridge area
- Parts of Ridge, Concow Area Could Repopulate Next Week
- Dead body identified in Plumas County
- Body Found In Sacramento River Identified
- Police Identify Body Found Near Yuba River
- Ridge Quilters to host Holiday Home Tour
- Mountain Lions prowling around the ridge
- Gold Nugget Days up on the Ridge
- Controlled Burn Near Doe Mill Ridge Tuesday