A man's body has been found in the water of an irrigation ditch on Skyline Boulevard in Oroville Thursday morning.
A South Feather Water & Power employee was walking around when he found a body in the water and called police.
Butte County Sheriff's officers responded and found a white adult male, who they believe to be about 50 years old in the water.
Sergeant Jason Piazza said they don't think the situation is suspicious.
“There's no obvious signs of trauma, no signs of a struggle, those sorts of things we're looking for,” he said.
Officers also did find a car in the woods a little above the ditch but they don't know how or why it got there.
“The car is on private property that is not associated to the vehicle.”
Piazzas said they don't think drugs or alcohol were involved and believes the body was there for about a day.
They still don't know the cause of death, but he said the scenario does seem pretty straight forward.
“For some reason the man ended up in the water and deceased, and it's basically going to be up to probably the medical examiner to determine why that happened.”
- Body found in irrigation ditch in Oroville
- Body found in Oroville drainage ditch
- Teen suffers minor injuries after jeep flips over into irrigation ditch on Hwy 32
- Paradise Irrigation District Launches Drive-Thru Service
- Demonstration Garden to open at Paradise Irrigation District
- UPDATE: Oroville woman found safe
- Roseville Man Found Dead at Lake Oroville
- Missing 12-Year-Old Found Safe in Oroville
- Police Find Body at Transient Camp in Oroville
- Body found in Van Duzen River