Humboldt County Sheriff’s Deputies recovered a male body from the Van Duzen River on Monday.
On Feb. 5, 2018 at about 11:48 a.m., the Sheriff’s Office Emergency Communications Center received a call from a fisherman who told dispatchers he had located a body in the area of the Van Duzen Bridge.
Deputies responded to the scene.
Due to the inaccessibility of the location, a boat was dispatched to assist deputies in retrieving the body.
The body was recovered from the south side of the Van Duzen River bank, located approximately 1000 feet from the mouth of the river.
The body is believed to have been deceased for some time.
No foul play is suspected at this time. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2018.
Anyone with information about this case is encouraged to call the Sheriff’s Office at (707) 445-7251 or the Sheriff’s Office Crime Tip line at (707) 268-2539.
- Body found in Van Duzen River
- Body Found In Sacramento River Identified
- Missing Family's Bodies Found in River
- Police Identify Body Found Near Yuba River
- Body of murder suspect found in Feather River
- Woman's body found on island in Sacramento River
- Body found by kayaker in the Feather River
- Body found near Chico church
- UPDATE: Distinctive Tattoos May Help Public ID Body Found in Feather River
- Body Found Near Sacramento River Identified as Former Redding Chamber of Commerce CEO