UPDATE 6 p.m. October 29, 2019 - Investigators have positively identified the body found outside the Viking Skate Fun Center in Redding.
Police say someone found the body of 20-year-old Larissa Cole around 12:30 p.m. on Sunday.
Police say they have notified the family and are treating Cole's death as a homicide.
An autopsy is scheduled to be performed on the body to determine the exact cause of death.
The people who say they found Cole's body say they are still in shock.
"I'm literally at a loss for words. I don't even feel right saying how I feel knowing that there's a family in pain and distraught without their daughter," Morgan Sanford says. "Nothing that I feel could ever amount to that. I feel extremely sad."
Police are asking that if you know anything about Cole's death to call the Redding Police Department
REDDING, Calif. - Police are investigating the death of a young woman after her body was found outside the Viking Skate Fun Center on Auditorium Drive in Redding.
It was discovered just after 12:30 p.m. Sunday on the side of the building by a family as they arrived for an afternoon birthday party.
Officers cordoned off the area with yellow crime scene tape, but would not comment about whether they suspect foul play was involved.
They also would not comment on whether they know the person's identity.
We will share new information as it becomes available.
- Body discovered next to skating rink in Redding, identified
- Paradise Skate Rink to Open Friday
- Paradise ice rink reopens
- Police Identify Body Found Under Bridge in Redding
- Paradise Ice Rink is up and running
- Paradise Ice Rink Opens After Camp Fire
- Body Found in Gridley A Few Blocks From Skate Park
- Dead body identified in Plumas County
- Body identified in Kelly Ridge area
- Body Found In Sacramento River Identified