UPDATE 11:20 a.m. Friday, August 31, 2018 - The Redding Deputy Coroner has identified the man killed as Joshua Edward Powell-Hatwig, 22, of Redding.
REDDING, Calif. - Two transients from the Redding area, accused of murdering a man are behind bars at the Shasta County Jail after authorities discovered a body under a bridge in south Redding.
According to Redding police, officers got a call just before 11 a.m. Thursday about a deceased man located under a bridge in the 2700 block of Favretto Ave.
Officers recovered the body shortly after and began a homicide investigation into the unidentified man’s death.
On Friday, Redding Police Department Investigations Division initiated numerous interviews that led them to two transients Lindsey Ann Waite, 22, of Redding and Russell David "Karfs" Lewis, 22.
Lewis and Waite confessed to murdering the man and were booked into the county jail, officials said.
The identity of the man has not been released by police.
- Police Identify Body Found Under Bridge in Redding
- Police Identify Body Found Near Yuba River
- Body Found In Sacramento River Identified
- Police Identify Body Found in Walnut Orchard in Gridley
- Police Identify Body Found on McDermott Road in Colusa County
- Body Found Near Sacramento River Identified as Former Redding Chamber of Commerce CEO
- Body found in Redding park on Valentines Day identified by Shasta County Sheriff's Office
- UPDATE: body found by fisherman in Shasta Lake identified
- Officials Identify Body Found on Chico State's Campus
- Butte County Sheriff's Office Identifies Body Found in Magalia