UPDATE 11:40 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2018 - The Yuba County Sheriff's Office has identified the body found near the Yuba River on Sept. 1 as John Fants, 27, of Yuba City.
An autopsy is still pending to determine Fant's cause of death.
MARYSVILLE, Calif. - A body was found along an embankment of the Yuba River on Sept. 1, between the towns of Marysville and Linda.
According to the Yuba County Public Information Office, police received a call from pedestrians passing by the river around 6:30 p.m. near the Simpson Lane Bridge.
Police say that the body found is an adult male estimated to be in his mid to late 20s.
The man has not been identified and an autopsy is pending.
- Police Identify Body Found Near Yuba River
- Body Found In Sacramento River Identified
- Body found in Van Duzen River
- Missing Family's Bodies Found in River
- Police Identify Body Found on McDermott Road in Colusa County
- Police Identify Body Found in Walnut Orchard in Gridley
- Police Identify Body Found Under Bridge in Redding
- Body Found Near Sacramento River Identified as Former Redding Chamber of Commerce CEO
- Yuba County Election Results
- Authorities searching for man swept away on Yuba River