CHICO, Calif. - Those who are hiking in the Upper Bidwell Park area should be aware of bobcats.
A viewer sent in a photo of a large bobcat he spotted near Wildwood Park at the entrance to Upper Bidwell.
He told Action News Now he saw the grown cat with a kitten, as shown in the photo.
According to California State Parks, bobcats grow up to 40 pounds. They are rarely aggressive toward people but if you do see one out, simply do your best to avoid it.
- Bobcat sighting in Upper Bidwell Park
- Missing Upper Bidwell Park hiker found
- Parks commission to consider $1 parking fee for Upper Bidwell
- Roads in Upper Bidwell Park May Reopen to Vehicles
- Parts of Upper Bidwell Park to reopen after Stoney Fire
- Weekend hikers enjoy newly reopened trails in upper Bidwell Park
- Hiker was injured on Monkey Face in upper Bidwell Park
- Parts of South Upper Bidwell Park Reopened After Stoney Fire
- Firefighters Respond to Vegetation Fire in Upper Bidwell Park
- Hiker rescued by Chico fire crews in Upper Bidwell Park