Chico, Calif. -- An exciting decision has been made regarding a Chico High School.
The Chico Unified School District approved moving Inspire School of the Arts and Sciences to a new location.
The Inspire School will move to a 5 to 7 acre portion of the Canyon View property in the future. Currently the school shares property with Chico High.
The Canyon View property is located on Bruce Road near the Skyway and was purchased by Chico Unified in 2004 .
The money came from the passage of Measure A by voters in 1998, largely on the promise that the funds would be used to build a new high school.
"I was there at the meeting with several staff members. We've been really delighted to partner with Chico Unified School District," said Eric Nilsson, Principal of Inspire School of the Arts and Sciences.
The funding to make this move is still being researched. The timeline is dependent on funding. The earliest a move could occur would be three years if funds become available.
- School board approves to move Inspire School
- Inspire School may relocate after Wednesday night's vote
- Board of Supervisors Approves Stanley Avenue Subdivision
- School board considering firing teacher at Yuba City High School
- Honoring Elders Who Attended Fort Bidwell Indian Boarding School
- Missouri House approves Bible class in public schools
- Acts of generosity continue for young Camp Fire survivors at Inspire School of Arts and Sciences
- San Francisco school board votes to cover -- not paint over -- controversial mural at high school
- Blind lamb inspires children's book, teaches compassion
- Inspire presents 42nd Street for Spring Musical