Chico, Calif.--Here in the north state and around the country there is an O negative blood shortage, and Bloodsource is asking for your help.
O Negative is the universal blood type and can be transfused to any patient.
Bloodsource says that winter is always a challenging time because of the combination of the flu season and the winter storms around the country which have reduced the number of donations they've been receiving.
Robin Carter of Bloodsource said each donation can save three lives.
"A lot of times people think about it when they see a car accident on tv or something where there's large groups, but every day in the hospital's there are cancer patients, new mothers, burn patients that require blood products," Carter said.
If you’d like to donate, you can go to their website www.bloodsource.org or call their donation center at 530-893-5433.
- Bloodsource facing blood shortage
- BloodSource Response to Tehama Shooting
- BloodSource Drive at Chico State
- Blood Source Summer Classic
- Housing shortage impact on students
- Vitalant Blood Drive: One man reaches 400 blood donations
- Chico Mall hosts blood drive
- Blood donations down during summer
- Contractor Shortage for Camp Fire Rebuild
- Our Future After the Fire: Housing shortage