Each year more than 4.5 million people in the US need blood and every drive helps sustain the constant demand.
On Wednesday, BloodSource held it's first monthly drive of the year on the Chico State campus to helps save lives.
Since school is still out for winter break, the blood donors mostly consisted of faculty and staff.
"Because I have a rare blood type and it's needed. It's nice when they have it on campus and I'm here so it's easy for me to do it so yeah I think everyone should get out there and donate," said Allie Moore, Blood donor.
If you missed the drive you're in luck, the next blood drive at Chico State is on Valentines Day, but everyday you are welcome to stop by your local blood source center to donate.
- BloodSource Drive at Chico State
- Bloodsource facing blood shortage
- BloodSource Response to Tehama Shooting
- Chico Mall hosts blood drive
- Man drives car into a Chico business
- Toys For Tots Drive Today in Chico
- Enrollment increases at Chico State
- Chico State opens new exhibit
- Chico State Student Photo Scandal
- Chico State Move-In Day