Butte County, Calif.-- Friday in Chico and Redding, BloodSource is holding the Annual Summer Classic Blood Drive
4.5 million Americans would die each year without life-saving blood transfusions, so today is your opportunity to be a part of the solution.
Just one pint of donated blood can help save as many as three people's lives.
This is Joe Ayer, Senior Manager for BloodSource here in Chico (555 Rio Lindo Ave).
Approximately 32,000 pints of blood are used each day in the United States.
O positive donors are the most in-demand because it's the most common blood type.
As for O negative, well that's also a great one if that's your blood type you are a universal red blood cell donors.
The average adult has 10 pints of blood in his or her body.
The BloodSource Summer Classic blood drive is today and Saturday from 7 a.m. To 6 p.m. in Chico and Redding (2680 Larkspur Ln) and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. in Yuba City (1290 Stabler Ln #830).
On Saturday, it will be 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Chico and Redding, and 7 a.m. to 1:30 in Yuba City.
- Blood Source Summer Classic
- Blood donations down during summer
- Blood Source Asks California Residents to Donate during Carr Fire
- Bloodsource facing blood shortage
- Vitalant Blood Drive: One man reaches 400 blood donations
- Chico Mall hosts blood drive
- Brett Silva Memorial All-Star Soccer Classic
- Beating the Summer Heat
- Summer hiking safety tips
- Seasonal factors affecting local blood supply