REDDING, Calif. - As wildfires tear through Northern and Southern California, blood centers are asking for people not impacted by the fires, to donate to local centers.
Leaders with the organization say there have been cancellations recently as donors evacuate from affected areas in Redding.
Blood Source is not in a high level of need but worries they could be.
Officials are working closely with hospital partners.
They are encouraging those who can donate to do so, in the meantime, Blood Source in Sacramento is armed and ready to provide assistance to colleagues in Redding.
“Many of colleagues have been directly impacted by the fires. We've seen a handful of our staff members, been evacuated from their homes and many of our blood donors in Redding have been evacuated and have not been able to donate blood as they wanted. So, we do encourage all those who can donate to please give blood in the next few days,” said Alexander Sigua, an employee from Blood Source.
For more info on how to donate click here.
- Blood Source Asks California Residents to Donate during Carr Fire
- DONATE: Carr Fire Relief
- Blood Source Summer Classic
- Blood donations down during summer
- Carr Fire Traffic Updates
- Carr Fire Television Special
- Carr Fire Thief Sentenced
- Vitalant Blood Drive: One man reaches 400 blood donations
- Democratic Congressional Candidate Helps Donate to Carr Fire Relief
- Sierra Pacific Foundation Donates $35,000 to Carr Fire Victims