CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. - Cal Trans is making a statement by talking trash.
The agency is showing off what they call “bizarre” trash items, getting dumped along highways.
Cal Trans says that some stuff is dumped like an ice cream freezer.
But most trash simply falls out of pickups and trailers that are not properly covered.
Cal Trans expects to see trash accumulating on roadways on Memorial Day weekend, they urge drivers to properly secure their loads.
“Whatever spills onto the roadway and causes a collision, you could possibly be held at fault, and worst case scenario you could cause an injury to another driver from the motoring public. That's what our chief concern is,” said Brandon Correia, a California Highway Patrol officer.
Cal Trans says that many of the items on display in Contra Costa County were picked up in one night!
- ‘Bizarre Trash’ Found Along California Freeways
- Small plane makes emergency landing on busy Southern California freeway
- Pilot dies in fiery crash near Southern California freeway
- St. Elizabeth's trailer trashed
- Trash dumping concerns in Chico
- Sacramento man held for alleged freeway rock-throwing
- Federal safety board is investigating Tesla freeway crash
- Drunk man arrested after riding horse onto Socal freeway
- Children escape as school bus catches fire on LA freeway
- Calif. big-rig crash scatters McDonald's fries by freeway