Photo Gallery 2 Images
This weekend, you have a chance to bike around the world's smallest mountain range. The 33rd annual "Bike around the Buttes" kicks off Saturday morning bright and early.
This year's event is sponsored in part by Ampla health. It helps support patients and families that have Type 1 diabetes.
"We are helping sponsor the 'Bike Around the Buttes' event this year, which is an excellent event," said Cindy Snelgrove, Director of Clinical Services at Ampla Health. "In 2015, there were about 30.1 million patients in America who had diabetes. 1.25 (million) of them had Type 1 Diabetes."
The ride begins at the Sutter Youth Organizational Building along Butte House Road in Sutter. There are three different options for riders. The first is the 100 mile ride which kicks off at 6:30 a.m. Registration for that ride costs $75. The two other, shorter rides kick off at 8 a.m. Registration for the 40 mile ride costs $65, and registration is $55 for the 17.5 mile ride.
For more information on the annual event, click here.
- 'Bike Around the Buttes' kicks off this weekend
- Butte County Annual Bike Giveaway
- Butte County Public Health Awarded $40,000 Bike Safety Grant
- Oktoberfest weekend kicks off at Sierra Nevada
- Coroner Appreciation Week Kicks off in Butte County
- Feather Falls Tattoo Expo kicks off in Butte County
- Butte County Sheriff's Office K-9 Unit kicking off fundrasing campaign
- CHP to Kick Off Maximum Enforcement This Weekend
- Justin's Bike Fund giving away bikes this season
- Shasta Bike Challenge Sparks Concerns Over Bike Paths