Chico, CA. - Kasey Reynolds owns and operates Shubert's Ice Cream on East 7th Street in downtown Chico.
Reynolds, who has been outspoken on issues of homelessness, is running for a seat on the Chico City Council. She also recently spoke out in favor of Chico's resurrected Sit-Lie Ordinance. Reynolds says sometime between late Friday night and early Saturday morning, someone vandalized a dozen campaign signs around town.
Someone also wrote in red paint on the ground in front of Shubert's storefront "Bigotry is good for business."
Reynolds posted a message on her Facebook page encouraging her followers to join her in making Chico a safer community.
"Want to help #StompOutHate in our community? Stop by Shubert's today and take a photo with me stomping on the hateful message painted on the sidewalk in front of Shubert's!!!
This is an invitation to EVERYONE! Democrats, Republicans, Independents, the other candidates...everyone! Making Chico a safer community should not be 'us v.s. them' or 'right v.s. left'. Let's all come together in agreement that the hateful, divisive tactics on display in Chico right now are unhealthy for our community. Join me and speak up!"
We will hear from Reynolds on Action News Now at 6 p.m.
- "Bigot" Written On Chico City Council Candidate Signs, Shubert's Storefront Vandalized
- Hillary Clinton Endorses Chico City Council Candidate
- Chico Holidays Together drop-off Saturday at Shuberts
- Shubert's Ice Cream & Candy to open second location in Chico
- Candidates file intent to seek election to Chico City Council
- Chico City Council candidate experiences homelessness first-hand
- Chico City Council Candidate Set to Visit Boulder, CO.
- Leading Chico City Council Candidates Talk Sit-Lie
- Chico City Council Removes Chico Airport Commissioner
- People Attempting to Use Counterfeit Bills at Chico’s Shubert’s Ice Cream: Police