Photo Gallery 1 Images
CHICO, Calif. - CHP said a big rig crashed into the Highway 32 overpass on Highway 99 and is backing up northbound traffic.
A big rig was traveling in the slow lane and was pulling a car when CHP says they believe the driver was going too fast and not paying enough attention to the slowed traffic ahead.
The driver was not able to avoid colliding with the Highway 32 overpass, according to officials.
RELATED: Northern California Traffic Alerts
The jeep being hauled by the truck became detached and went down the embankment, it will be another hour before the big rig is cleared.
As of noon, the northbound slow lane of Highway 99 is closed.
Additionally, the northbound on-ramp at Highway 32 is open.
- Big rig crashes into Highway 32 overpass, slows northbound Highway 99 traffic
- Big Rig Crash Causing Traffic Delays on Highway 99
- Three Car Pileup Slows Down Northbound Highway 99
- Big-rig crash closes northbound lanes on Highway 99 in Chico
- UPDATE: Traffic Alert: Highway 32
- Highway 99 reopens after big rig crashes, catches fire
- Traffic flowing again after Highway 99 crash
- Highway 299 traffic control lifted after big rig crash
- Distraught woman saved from Highway 99 overpass in Chico
- Highway 99 increased collisions