UPDATE: 9:35 a.m.
The Durha Dayton Highway is back open now after a big rig crash closed the Highway for about an hour.
The CHP is investigating who was at fault and why the semi-truck driver was turning around on such a narrow road.
UPDATE: 8:05 a.m.
All lanes open on Durham Dayton Highway. The CHP says the driver of a semi-truck was going eastbound, when he tried to make a u-turn on the highway. A pick up truck driver then slammed into the semi. The pick up driver is in the hospital with minor injuries. The CHP is investigating the crash.
The California Highway Patrol is saying a big rig crash is blocking part of Durham Dayton Highway near Fimple Road in Chico.
The CHP say at around 6:25 a.m. Friday, a semi truck carrying wood was "t-boned" by another truck as the semi-truck driver was trying to turn.
The CHP tells us the roadway is blocked, but they could not tell us how much of it. We're working to learn if there were any injuries from the crash and just how much this is impacting traffic.
Check back for more details on this developing story.
- Big Rig crash on Durham Dayton Highway in Chico
- Big Rig Crash Causing Traffic Delays on Highway 99
- Highway 299 traffic control lifted after big rig crash
- Big rig crash causes closure of I-5
- Car crashes into hardware store in Durham
- Solo Crash Leaves Durham Man Hospitalized
- Hwy 99 Onramp at East Ave. Reopens After Chico Big Rig Crash
- Calif. big-rig crash scatters McDonald's fries by freeway
- I-5 reopened after big rig crash in Tehama County
- All Lanes Reopened on I-5 After Big-Rig Crash