CHICO, Calif. - California Highway Patrol is responding to a crash involving a big-rig and a pickup truck in Chico.
The collision occurred around 11:41 a.m. northbound at the intersection of Esplanade and Highway 99.
According to officials, the big rig was traveling southbound when it crashed into a pickup truck towing a camper at the intersection.
Action News Now has a reporter on the scene that has confirmed one lane of traffic is open going northbound.
The driver of the pickup truck was transported to a nearby hospital. There is no word yet on the extent of their injuries.
This is a developing story. Stay with Action News Now for the latest updates as they become available.
- Big-Rig Versus Truck Collision Halts Traffic at Intersection of Highway 99 and Esplanade
- Highway 99 increased collisions
- Cal Fire Responding to Train Versus Big-Rig Collision
- Big Rig Crash Causing Traffic Delays on Highway 99
- Highway 99 reopens after big rig crashes, catches fire
- Highway 299 traffic control lifted after big rig crash
- Victims Identified in Motorcycle Versus Vehicle Collision
- Traffic flowing again after Highway 99 crash
- Big-rig crash closes northbound lanes on Highway 99 in Chico
- Authorities see major spike in collisions on Highway 99