SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - The closure of Interstate 5 continues and most big rig drivers on both sides of the highway are stuck until further notice.
Action news now spoke with drivers stalled by the flames. One man heading for Canada said he'd been stuck in Corning for a day.
Another headed for Oregon said that he'd been held up for a day and a half.
The alternate route around the interstate closure is open to traffic but most drivers we spoke with said they'd rather not risk it.
CHP plans to reassess whether to reopen interstate 5 this Sunday. We're told fire officials still need full access to the highway as there are still areas of the fire burning very close to the road.
- Big Rig Back-up Continues with I-5 Closure
- Big rig crash causes closure of I-5
- Overturned big rig southbound I-5, lanes reopen
- Traffic Alert: NB I-5 Slowed due to Overturned Big Rig
- All Lanes Reopened on I-5 After Big-Rig Crash
- I-5 reopened after big rig crash in Tehama County
- Disabled big rig causes hour-long delays on NB I-5
- 4 hospitalized due to big rig crash on northbound I-5
- Big-rig crash causes traffic delays on I-5
- Caltrans District 2 announces northbound I-5 closure