SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - The closure of Interstate 5 continues and most big rig drivers on both sides of the highway are stuck until further notice.
Action news now spoke with drivers stalled by the flames. One man heading for Canada said he'd been stuck in Corning for a day.
Another headed for Oregon said that he'd been held up for a day and a half.
The alternate route around the interstate closure is open to traffic but most drivers we spoke with said they'd rather not risk it.
CHP plans to reassess whether to reopen interstate 5 this Sunday. We're told fire officials still need full access to the highway as there are still areas of the fire burning very close to the road.
- Big Rig Back-up Continues with I-5 Closure
- Big rig crash causes closure of I-5
- Traffic Alert: NB I-5 Slowed due to Overturned Big Rig
- Delta Fire Traffic Conditions: I-5 Reopens After Emergency Closure
- Big Rig Back-up on Interstate 5 Due to Delta Fire
- Big Rig crash on Durham Dayton Highway in Chico
- Calif. big-rig crash scatters McDonald's fries by freeway
- Southbound Bonneyview Exit Reopened After Big Rig Fire
- Overturned Big-Rig Causes Fuel Spill on Spanish Creek Bridge
- SCSO continues to detonate explosives, school closure on Monday