CHICO, Calif. - A San Diego real estate developer has a big heart for some Camp Fire victims. Bob Wilson gave each student and staff member from Paradise High School a thousand dollar check on Tuesday.
That's 2,085 people and adds up to a little more than $1 million.
Wilson says after he got the idea, he called principal Loren Lighthall who told him money would be best. Lighthall says the school is still standing, but more than 90 percent of the students and staff lost their homes.
There are more than 900 students and 100 staff and faculty at Paradise High School.
- Paradise High Students and Staff Stunned By Huge Donation
- Paradise High School band students receive generous donation
- Paradise High School students prepare for graduation
- Paradise High School Bullying
- Shoppers expected to line up for huge sale in Paradise
- Paradise High School Resumes Classes
- Doug LaMalfa will donate thousands to Paradise High School graduating class
- Female Kicker Makes History at Paradise High
- Paradise High School Survives Camp Fire
- Paradise High School Resumes Classes Jan. 8