CHICO, Calif. - A bicyclist was killed Wednesday morning after being hit by a minivan in Chico.
At around 9:20 a.m., a Dodge Mini Cam driven by Tara Daugelli, 32, of Chico, was traveling eastbound on SR-32 approaching W. East Ave.
A bicyclist was traveling westbound on SR-32 just west of W. East Ave when they made a left turn and failed to yield the right-of-way to the vehicle approaching from the opposite direction.
According to the release, Daugelli was traveling at around 40-45 miles per hour down SR-32 when she drove into the eastbound lane of SR-32, directly into the path of the bicyclist.
The vehicle hit the bicyclist and caused them to be ejected from the bike. The bicyclist, who has not been identified, was pronounced deceased at Enloe Medical Center.
Distracted driving or driving under the influence was not believed to have been a factor in the collision.
The release states that the bicyclist was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
Daugelli was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash and did not sustain any injuries.
- Bicyclist Killed in Collision with Mini Van
- Bicyclist Killed in Yuba City Crash
- Redding Ranked Dangerous for Bicyclists
- Motorcyclist Killed in Highway 70 Collision
- Pedestrian killed in Yuba County collision
- Bicyclist hit by vehicle in Chico
- Motorcyclist Killed in Collision with Pick-Up Truck
- Vehicle versus bicyclist leaves one with major injuries in Redding
- CHP to Receive Federal Funding for Bicyclist Safety Programs
- Redding Bicyclist Seriously Hurt after Being Struck by Vehicle