Photo Gallery 1 Images
Berry Creek, Calif.-- On July 16th around 9 p.m., the Butte County Sheriff's Office received a call of a suspicious vehicle near the 13000 block of Oro Quincy Highway north of the Berry Creek area.
Deputy Demmers responded and found 38-year-old Jay White from Lake Tahoe. Deputy Demmers conducted a search of White’s car and found a large amount of drugs that were identified as approximately 1 pound of cocaine, what appeared to be several thousand ecstasy pills, approximately 3 pounds of powdered MDMA, approximately 2 pounds of Ketamine, Psilocybin mushrooms, LSD, DMT, marijuana, a handgun, and over $16,000.00 in cash.
Because of the large number of drugs, the Butte Interagency Narcotics Task Force responded to take over the investigation.
Some of the drugs will need lab analysis to confirm what they are.
White was placed under arrest for possession for sale of several different controlled substances, being armed in the commission of a felony and possession of several controlled substances.
White was booked into the Butte County Jail and is being held on $371,000.00 bail.
- BCSO: Lake Tahoe Man Arrested for Drugs
- Underwater Trail Now Open at Lake Tahoe
- Shasta Lake Drug Arrest
- Homeless man charged in arson fire at Lake Tahoe college
- BCSO K-9 for Veterans Program
- BCSO: Marijuana Grow Site Linked to Drug Trafficking Organization
- Bear comes inside North Lake Tahoe home for a snack
- Woman swept to her death at Lake Tahoe waterfall
- Big rig explosion involving multiple vehicles in South Lake Tahoe
- BCSO arrest teen for making threats to kill teacher