CHICO, Calif. - A beloved Jamaican restaurant in Chico has announced it will be closing.
The restaurant has been in Chico for nearly nine years. Throughout their time in Chico, they have won the hearts of residents with their tastes of Jamaica.
Sipho’s Jamaican restaurant owner Sipho Merritt made the announcement via Facebook on Tuesday.
In the video, he stated after his holiday vacation, he felt there was a sign letting him know that he needs to move on.
He said how hard this decision was to make and has asked the community to support him as he makes this difficult decision.
However, Merritt said he is planning to brand some of his products. He plans to be in Chico as he wraps things up but the restaurant will be permanently closed until he makes another announcement, Merritt said.
- Beloved Chico restaurant 'Sipho’s Jamaican' announces closure
- Chico Jamaican Restaurant Celebrates 7 Years in Business
- Chico Kmart announces closure
- Chico Idol winners announced
- Caltrans District 2 announces northbound I-5 closure
- Tri Counties Bank announces closure and renovation
- Casa Ramos Restaurants Reopen, Release Statement About Closures
- Beloved Redding Fire Chief Dies at 54
- Donations for beloved coach in Los Molinos
- Redding comes together to remember beloved attorney