SACRAMENTO, Calif. - A bell toll tribute ceremony will be held in memory of CHP Officer Andre Moye Junior, who was killed in the line of duty on Monday, Aug. 12, 2019.
There will be a ceremonial ringing of a memorial bell in honor of Officer Moye at CHP Academy at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 14.
34-year-old Officer Moye was impounding a vehicle on Eucalyptus Avenue near Interstate 215 in Riverside when the driver retrieved a firearm from the car and began to fire. Officer Moye was transported to Riverside County Regional Medical Center, along with two other CHP officers who were also struck during the attack.
Officer Moye had been serving the community of Riverside since he graduated from the CHP Academy on March 2017.
- Bell toll tribute ceremony to honor CHP Officer Andre Moye Junior
- North state honors fallen CHP officer
- Officers Hold Ceremony to Honor Fallen Officers of 2018
- Peace officers will be honored in Chico ceremony
- CHP officer killed by suspected drunk driver
- Man Helps CHP Officer in Struggle
- CHP officer arrested on DUI charges
- Peace Officers Memorial Ceremony in Chico
- Yuba City Peace Officer Memorial Ceremony
- Chico Police Holding Ceremony for Fallen Officers