CHICO, Calif.- The downtown Chico Jack in the Box was cleared out for a hazmat incident early Wednesday morning.
Chico Hazmat crews said the restaurant on Broadway Street was cleared out at around 12:30 a.m. Wednesday, when someone sprayed bear mace on the wall.
The building was evacuated for several hours as hazmat crews used fans to disperse the chemical out of the structure.
The restaurant reopened its drive-thru a few hours later. Chico Police have not identified a possible suspect.
This is a developing story. Stay tuned for updates.