CHICO, Calif.- The downtown Chico Jack in the Box was cleared out for a hazmat incident early Wednesday morning.
Chico Hazmat crews said the restaurant on Broadway Street was cleared out at around 12:30 a.m. Wednesday, when someone sprayed bear mace on the wall.
The building was evacuated for several hours as hazmat crews used fans to disperse the chemical out of the structure.
The restaurant reopened its drive-thru a few hours later. Chico Police have not identified a possible suspect.
This is a developing story. Stay tuned for updates.
- Jack in the box evacuated after suspect sprays bear mace
- Stolen bear spray leads to stolen car, 3 arrested
- Flooding Evacuations
- Chico Polar Bear Plunge
- Air Spray Fire Tanker Forced Landing
- Klamathon Fire Forces Evacuations
- Cohasset Evacuation Drill
- Teddy Bear Scare: Gun-Toting Bear Left At School
- Redding Police arrest suspected armed prowler in evacuation zone
- CAMP FIRE: 2 arrested in suspected evacuation zone looting