TAHOE CITY, Calif.-
The Placer County Sheriff's Office is asking those who live in the area to be bear-y careful.
This is after a mama bear, Ebony, and her chubby cub paid their office in Tahoe City a visit. Sheriff's deputies were able to catch the two on camera. However, when the mama saw that she was being filmed she made it very clear that she was not interested in a closeup.
Deputies say about 30 percent of bears in the area choose not to hibernate because people are feeding them throughout the winter.
Visitors are reminded to bear in mind that they should store their trash in bear-proof garbage cans.
- Bear Sighting at Placer County Sheriff's Office
- Placer County Sheriff deputy rescues dog
- Placer County Sheriffs Arrest Sex Offender
- Placer County Sheriff’s Deputies Arrest Suspected Paradise Car Thief
- Placer County Sheriff's Deputies Arrest Man for Possessing Stolen ID's
- Placer County Sheriff's Office: Suspected drug dealer behind bars after chase, attempted assault
- Placer County Sheriff's Office Arrests Suspect in Burglary, Car Theft Case
- Placer County Sheriff's Office searching for suspect in deadly Tahoe City mall shooting
- Black Bear Sighted in South Chico Early Sunday Morning
- Bear sighting closes trail near Whiskeytown Recreation Area