Demolition work on the old Bay Bridge wrapped-up Saturday with two massive explosions.
The California Department of Transportation finished the demolition of the original east span of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge when it imploded two marine foundations.
Four remaining foundations are being re-purposed for public access improvements.
As with previous implosions, CalTrans said it conducted environmental monitoring before, during and after each blast to evaluate the impact on water quality, marine mammals, fish and birds.
- Bay Bridge Demolition Complete
- Massive bridge demolition recorded
- Yuba City 5th Street Bridge Replacement Project Schedules Demolition
- The last of the old Bay Bridge was imploded
- 1 killed after crash on Bay Bridge, roads closed
- California probes harmful microorganisms on Bay Bridge welds
- Turtle Bay 'horticulture'
- "Scrambles" building in shambles, demolition ongoing
- Eaton Road extension project completed
- Chocolate after dark at Turtle Bay