A brand new gym in Chico is taking a fresh take on your daily workout.
"Basis Health and Performance" is a community gym and health facility located at 177 E. 20th St., that opened at the beginning of January.
The gym has several unique programs such as strength, conditioning, nutrition and mobility.
Much of the training is “client-centered” focusing on what works best for each client regarding diet and exercise.
Basis has a heart rate monitoring software making sure you're working at your highest capacity.
Owner Grayson Strange said he wants the gym to feel like a place where you can hang out not just to work out.
The gym has a sauna.
"Basis" is also planning on selling cold brew coffee, kombucha and pastured chicken, pork and beef.
“A lot of people think to get healthy you have to come to the gym and start working out. It's not just lifting weights. That may not be something your joints can tolerate. We want to see you can move your joints without external forces without having to hold the weight, that you can move your body with good control,” Strange said.
If you're interested in becoming a member, membership fees are $150 a month for unlimited access to all the classes.
There are also personal training options as well. For more info click the link here.
- "Basis" gym in Chico promises a fresh take to daily workout
- Gym Memberships May Soon Be a Tax Deduction
- Habitat for Humanity helps build a fresh start
- (AP) Hotels, tours, travel agencies promising Cyber Monday deals
- President Trump Promises to Lower Prescription Drug Prices
- CA Department of Tax and Fee Administration adds 'fresh' category for cannabis cultivation tax
- Thousands of skiers brave the storm for fresh powder in Tahoe
- Chico City Council Removes Chico Airport Commissioner
- Chico Hyundai Splits From Chico Nissan
- House OKs nearly $1.5 trillion GOP overhaul of business and personal taxes as Senate bill encounters fresh problems