Bella Vista, Calif.—A home went up in flames Friday morning in the Bella Vista area of Shasta County.
Damages to the home are estimated around one million dollars.
The 72 year old homeowner made it out safely as well as his two dogs.
The man told fire crews he awoke to his barking dog, and then the smoke alarms.
The fire started about 7 a.m.
When fire crews arrived the home was engulfed in flames.
Firefighters will be at the home all day due to the winds to make sure that the fire does not spark up again.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Barking Dog Awakes Man when Home Catches Fire
- Bidwell Bark Tomorrow in Chico
- Bark Buddy: Dating App Technology to Find a Dog
- Mobile Home Catches Fire in Red Bluff
- Vacant home catches fire in South Oroville
- Richvale resident recovering in hospital after home catches fire
- Palermo Mobile Home Fire
- Trailer catches fire on Highway 70, forcing lanes to close
- Children escape as school bus catches fire on LA freeway
- Car catches fire, injures worker at local auto repair shop