New York City-- The same 'dating app' technology that can help you find a mate can now help you find a pet.
It's now pairing dogs in desperate need of a home with potential owners.
Don Dahler reports from St. Hubert's Animal Welfare Center in Madison, New Jersey filled with animals waiting for that 'perfect match.'
It's picture day at New York's Animal Haven, where Joey, Jewel and Holden are posing for adoption portraits.
Tiffany Lacey is the rescue's executive director.
Tiffany say, "I can't begin to tell you how big a difference the world of animal welfare. As soon as we post a picture people are coming to the shelter to meet the animal. It's really turned the whole thing on its head."
Pictures of these pups will join the more than 125,000 posted nationwide on apps like Bark Buddy.
Stacie Rrissom runs the content team at Bark, a disrupter in the pet toy and treat industry and best known for its Barkbox monthly subscription service.
She says it's like Tinder except instead of finding a date your finding a dog that can be your best friend.
Like popular dating apps, dog lovers swipe right to like and left to pass.
Rebekah and Mitchell Faria turned to Bark Buddy after their dog Slash lost his best friend, their cat Brutus.
For the Farias that meant getting Slash's approval too.
The Bark Buddy app is free to use and there are no ads, but the searches are limited to dogs. of course, there are plenty of cats at rescues like this one who would also be happy to meet you.
Saint Hubert's Animal Welfare Center has been working with shelters in Puerto Rico to help place dogs left homeless after Hurricane Maria.
- Bark Buddy: Dating App Technology to Find a Dog
- Bidwell Bark Tomorrow in Chico
- Bidwell Bark filled the park
- Barking Dog Awakes Man when Home Catches Fire
- How to stay safe with dating apps
- Chico police searching for suspects in attempted robbery involving dating app
- Fitness technology could detect diseases
- Hotel technology makes traveling smarter
- Chico police fight crime with technology
- Chico Police support Next Door App