Mattel is introducing a new batch of Barbie dolls based on real-life figures, just ahead of International Women's Day.
They’re coming in two separate series of Barbie dolls.
"Inspiring Women," based on historical figures, and new additions to its "Shero" line of dolls named for inspirational contemporary women.
The three "inspiring women" dolls are aviator Amelia Earhart, artist Frida Kahlo and mathematician Katherine Johnson, with more to follow.
Mattel is releasing 14 new “Shero” dolls, in the series that started in 2015.
They include ones based on "Wonder Woman" director Patty Jenkins and U.S. snowboarder Chloe Kim.
- Barbie debuts new "Inspiring Women" dolls
- Mattel unveils its new career doll: Judge Barbie
- Rosa Parks and Sally Ride get their very own Barbie dolls
- First ever Mattel doll wearing a hijab
- Mattel just launched a gender-inclusive doll line
- Enloe Medical Center Debuts 'Wall of Hope'
- Shasta County Debuts Chronic Offender Accountability Program
- Shasta County Debuts Mobile Mental Health Service
- 'Alexx Finding Home' documentary debuts in Chico
- Rolling Hills Casino debuts new amphitheater