REDDING, Calif. - At around 5:30 p.m. a man robbed the Chase bank on Dana Drive in Redding.
Redding police say the suspect wrote a note on a piece of paper, and passed it to one of the tellers saying that he was armed and needed all the money the teller had.
No actual weapon was seen though, according to authorities.
The suspect fled the scene once he received the money.
Police describe the suspect as a white male who is around 6 feet tall, average build, with a pronounced beard and a dark green jacket.
No estimate of how much money the suspect took has been released at this time.
Officers arrived at the bank within five minutes of being called, and a CHP helicopter circled the area.
A photo of the suspect will be released tomorrow, officials say.
- Search Underway for Redding Bank Robbery Suspect
- Manhunt underway for Orland bank robbery suspect
- Redding Police search for armed robbery suspect
- Redding Police searching for suspect in armed gas station robbery
- Redding Police searching for suspect in armed robbery
- Redding Deputies Searching for Elder Abuse Robbery Suspect
- Redding Police searching for suspect in attempted robbery
- Redding police searching for second Rite Aid robbery suspect
- Redding Death Investigation Underway
- Chico Police Search for Armed Robbery Suspect