UPDATE: 3:54 p.m.
We know now that this crash was a single car crash involving a Nissan pickup truck.
A male was driving the truck down the Skyway west toward Chico when he drifted off the left side of the road and hit a tree on the driver side of the truck.
The crash pinned the man inside his vehicle.
CHP worked for 30 minutes to get him out of the vehicle.
CHP investigators believe that speed is most likely a factor, and they are investigating if alcohol was a factor in the crash.
The helicopter has flown the man to a local hospital with major injuries.
UPDATE: 3:36 p.m.
Both sides of the Skyway are being closed off so that they can airlift a victim from the scene.
Traffic is being diverted to Neal Road in Paradise.
Single car roll over crash is backing up traffic on the Skyway.
One victim being transported by helicopter.
We have a reporter on scene and we will update you as we get more details into our news room.
- UPDATE: Single vehicle rollover crash leaves one man with major injuries
- Single vehicle rollover causes Olivehurst man to drown
- Vehicle pursuit ends in single-vehicle rollover near Durham
- Vehicle versus bicyclist leaves one with major injuries in Redding
- Vehicle rollover leaves 1 injured near Durham
- Rollover crash in Redding leaves one dead
- UPDATE: Rollover crash on Skyway leads to one mans death
- Update: Redding woman killed in solo vehicle rollover identified
- Single vehicle crash causes backup on Highway 99
- One person killed in single vehicle crash in Palermo