Chico, CALIF. -- The City of Redding has announced it will offer non-stop service from Redding to Los Angeles, starting in March 2019.
City leaders say the service will be offered through United Airlines, and the new flights will run seven days a week.
“This is great news," said Redding Mayor Kristen Schreder. "United Airlines’ decision to introduce a new, non-stop flight will open more opportunities for leisure and business travel, which is something the local community has told us they wanted as a first priority for expanding service.”
According to a press release, "the new flight is scheduled to leave LAX daily at 7:10 p.m. and arrive at RDD at 9:25 p.m. This flight will remain overnight and will depart RDD the following morning at 6:45 a.m., arriving at LAX at 8:35 a.m."
City leaders plan to host a press conference Sept. 10 in the RDD Terminal Building at 1 p.m. Stay with Action News Now for more on this developing story.
- United Airlines to Offer Non-Stop Service from Redding to Los Angeles
- Flights from Redding to Los Angeles begin Friday
- United Airlines Changes Pet Fly Policy
- Los Angeles police officers deliver baby
- Caught on camera: Los Angeles purse snatcher
- Pro-life rally held in Los Angeles
- Harvey Weinstein statement art in Los Angeles
- Chico rape suspect arrested in Los Angeles
- Chico pushes closer to commercial airline service
- Health Fair in Red Bluff Offering Services to Help Families