UPDATE 4 p.m. Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - Butte County Sheriff Kory Honea said the office has evidence that indicates a shooting following a domestic dispute two weeks ago, which means the family may have been dead for two weeks.
The official autopsy report has not been revealed. Stay tuned for updates.
UPDATE 3 p.m. Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - The Butte County Sheriff's Office is now investigating the bodies found in an Oroville home Tuesday as a murder-suicide.
Based on the preliminary investigation, the Butte County Sheriff's Office says it appears that 32-year-old Franceso Milone fought with his wife, 30-year-old Kaela Steele within the past two weeks.
Detectives say they recovered evidence that led them to believe that Milone shot his wife and 8-year-old son, Franklin Milone, after the fight. Milone then took his own life.
This is a developing story. Stay tuned for updates.
OROVILLE, Calif. - The Butte Country Sheriff's Office confirmed three bodies were found in an Oroville home Tuesday evening. The sheriff's office said the deaths are being considered suspicious.
Dispatch received a call at 8:45 p.m. from a man requesting a welfare check, saying that he had not seen his sister in over a week.
Before deputies got to the house, he called dispatch again, to let them know that he had opened a window and could see his sister on the floor.
He described a smell coming from the home.
Deputies arrived at the sister's home at Yellow Hammer Drive and Tyme Way in Oroville and found three bodies inside.
The investigation remains underway. The Sheriff's Office has not confirmed the identities of the deceased individuals.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Butte County Sheriff's Office at 530-538-7671.
- Sheriff's office investigating bodies found in Oroville as murder-suicide
- Lassen County Sheriff's Office investigating body found in Big Valley
- Body found in irrigation ditch in Oroville
- Body found in Oroville drainage ditch
- Shasta County Sheriff's Deputies Investigating Body Found on Stagecoach Road
- Butte County Sheriff's Office Identifies Body Found in Magalia
- Red Bluff Police Investigate Possible Murder-Suicide
- Authorities Investigating Murder-Suicide in Red Bluff
- Humboldt County Sheriff's Office investigates a body found in a state park
- Police investigate murder of Oroville grandmother