BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. -- The Butte County Sheriff's Office is excited to announce its latest online tool, Citizen Rims.
Citizen Rims is a website aimed not only at helping the sheriff's office work more efficiently, but also heightening transparency between the sheriff's office and Butte County residents.
On Citizen Rims, the public can look for information on incidents handled by the Butte County Sheriff's Office.
The public can also look at an interactive map with crime data, search media bulletins and view press releases.
"We've always had our daily log which people can go online and view one a week when it was updated. Now this is updated every 24 hours automatically so that is a much much easier way for people to access the information," said Butte County Sheriff Kory Honea.
Residents can fill out a form on Citizen Rims to have a vacation check. Butte County Sheriff volunteers will check on homes signed up for this service at least once a day. The vacation check is a free service.
Residents can also register their security cameras with the sheriff's office. Sheriff Honea explained why this is such a helpful feature.
"Of course we can't see what's going on your camera, doesn't allow us access to it, but it does let us know you may have a surveillance camera on your property so if there's a crime in your neighborhood, our detectives will be able to go by, check with you, see if you got the video that might be helpful in terms of solving that crime," said Honea.
If you would like to check out the new online tool, Citizen Rims, you can do so here.
FOLLOW LAURA ENG ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
- BCSO Launches New Online Tool, "Citizen Rims"
- BCSO to offer CCW license applications online
- BCSO K-9 for Veterans Program
- BCSO: Suspicious death investigation in Oroville
- BCSO cancel pursuit with wanted felon
- BCSO: Deputy-involved Shooting, Suspect Killed
- BCSO: Lake Tahoe Man Arrested for Drugs
- Whiskeytown National Recreation Area launches sale on entrance pass online
- BCSO needs your help finding a missing Oroville man
- Third annual ‘Law Enforcement and Staff Recognition Ceremony’ for BCSO