UPDATE 10:15 PM
Palermo, Calif.--District Attorney Mike Ramsey was at the scene and said that it was a woman who was shot by deputies.
He said that neighbors called the authorities to report that a woman was causing a disturbance and making threats.
Ramsey also said that when officers arrived on scene the woman backed her car rapidly towards them and that when shots were fired.
The woman was not a resident on Stanley Drive.
The two deputies involved were not injured.
No names have been released at this moment.
The Butte County Officer-Involved Shooting Protocol Team has taken over the investigation and will remain on scene for the next couple hours.
We will continue to work on getting the latest information.
Palermo, Calif.--The Butte County Sheriff's Office is responding to a fatal deputy-involved shooting on the 2100 block of Stanley Drive in Palermo.
The sheriff's office says one suspect was shot and killed.
District Attorney Mike Ramsey is at the scene.
The sheriff's office says they will send out more information tomorrow.
Tune into Action News Now at 10 & 11 tonight: Watch Action News Now newscast
- BCSO: Deputy-involved Shooting, Suspect Killed
- BCSO: Deputies arrest son on charges of murdering his mother
- BCSO School Resource Deputies conduct K-9 search at local schools
- BCSO K-9 for Veterans Program
- Female suspect ID’d in fatal Palermo deputy-involved shooting
- BCSO: 2 suspects on the loose after an armed robbery involving marijuana
- BCSO arrest teen for making threats to kill teacher
- BCSO: 7-year-old shoots 10-year-old in Palermo
- UPDATE: Suspect killed in officer-involved shooting with Redding Police
- BCSO: Suspicious death investigation in Oroville