Photo Gallery 4 Images
Chico, Calif. - CSU, Chico’s School of the Arts presents the Tony Award-winning “Avenue Q” as this year’s spring musical.
Performances are Wednesday–Saturday, May 2–5 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, May 6 at 2 p.m. in Laxson Auditorium.
“’Avenue Q’ is ‘Sesame Street’ for adults,” said William Johnson, director and Department of Music and Theatre faculty member.
It features a puppet and human cast ... and tackles subjects such as racism, homosexuality, modern relationships and finding your purpose in life.
Student actors had to learn how to be puppeteers and took part in a workshop with someone who worked with Jim Henson, creator of “The Muppets”.
Cast members include Brandon Burchard, Kathryn Aarons, Anh Tai Bercher, Z Hansen, Meena Shayesteh, Juan Bolanos, Olivia Loupe, Lindy Forman, Eliza Odegard, Dominic La Frantz, Ciara Carvajal, Patrice Berry, Oliver Loll, and Libby Quibell.
A small pop’s orchestra conducted by Department of Music and Theatre faculty member Dara Scholz accompanies the actors.
Tickets are $20 premium, $16 adults, $14 seniors, and $10 students and youth, are available to purchase at CSU, Chico’s University Box Office at the link provided here, at (530) 898-6333 or at the door.
- Avenue Q Spring Musical at CSU, Chico Next Week
- It's Love Every Body Week at CSU, Chico
- Free Online Courses for CSU Students
- Blackness in Film Forum to be held on CSU Chico campus
- CSU Chico Professors To Reflect on 1968 in Upcoming History Forum
- Inspire presents 42nd Street for Spring Musical
- CSU's Dream Center says DACA decision is not a "win"
- Audit says CSU stashed away $1.5 billion and raised tuition
- Standoff situation ends in Chico Avenues neighborhood
- Chico police investigating stabbing on Nord Avenue