CHICO, Calif. - A traffic stop in North Chico turned up several guns and ammunition.
Two Butte County Sheriff's Deputies were on patrol Sunday when they conducted a traffic stop on a small Toyota pick-up on The Esplanade and Aspen Glen Drive.
The pick-up did not have a working license plate light.
One deputy noticed part of a rifle under clothing on the rear floorboard.
The deputies removed the men from the truck and detained them while the truck was searched.
The search turned up a 45 caliber pistol, an AK-47 rifle, an AR-15 assault rifle and loaded high capacity magazines.
Cristian Jesus Lambera Pimentel, 21, and Jorge Mardanado Castaneda, 28 both from Mexico were arrested for having a concealed firearm in a vehicle, carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle, two counts of illegally possessing an assault weapon and two counts of possession of a large capacity magazine.
Both men were booked into the Butte County Jail with bail set at $64,000.
- Automatic weapons seized in north Chico traffic stop
- Oroville Police Seize Illegal Weapons
- Chico traffic stop leads to drug arrest
- Deputies arrest 3, recover stolen firearm during Chico traffic stop
- Dick's Sporting Goods stops selling assault-style weapons
- FCC to propose rules allowing automatic robocall blocking
- Accident involving school bus stops traffic
- Two Wanted Felons Arrested During Traffic Stop
- Traffic Stop Leads to Manhunt in Redding
- Traffic stop ends in drug bust, arrests