SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY, Calif. - Authorities are searching for two hikers near Mount Baldy that have been missing since Sunday.
Rescue teams have scoured the Cucamonga wilderness for Gabrielle Wallace and Eric Desplinter since Sunday morning.
The two went hiking with friends Saturday night in the San Bernadino region but turned back once they hit ice on the trail. They have not been seen and have not answered their cell phones
"It's relatively dangerous," said deputy Rene Garcia with the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Office. "It's the side of a mountain. A lot of people don't know that there is actually quite a bit of ice and think that's the main thing that gets people off guard."
Deputies said family members flew in from Iowa to help with the search. Authorities hope that the hikers are heading toward Cucamonga Peak.
- Authorities searching for missing hikers near Mount Baldy
- Missing Mount Shasta Hiker Found Alive
- Authorities still searching for missing teenager
- Inyo County Sheriff's Office rescues 4 hikers near Mount Whitney
- Sheriff's Office searching for missing Trinity Alps hiker
- Mount Shasta police searching for stabbing suspect
- Stolen trailer found in Mount Shasta, Authorities still searching for suspect
- Humboldt County authorities still searching for missing 4-year-old
- Authorities searching for missing family in Butte County
- Mount Shasta Police Searching for Car Burglary Suspects