NEVADA COUNTY, Calif. - The Nevada County Sheriff's Office is searching for a man they said was swept away on the Yuba River Saturday.
Authorities said it happened Saturday when the man was trying to rescue his daughter, who was also caught in the current.
State park employees and a Good Samaritan managed to pull the girl to safety but were unable to rescue the father. Search teams spent all weekend looking for the man but were unsuccessful.
The sheriff's department is now warning people to avoid waterways saying a wet winter and sierra snowpack runoff has created swollen lakes, rivers and creeks as well as extremely cold and dangerous conditions.
- Authorities searching for man swept away on Yuba River
- Yuba County authorities seize 2,400 pot plants
- Police Identify Body Found Near Yuba River
- The search continues for Placer County man swept away on American River
- Yuba County Election Results
- Tornado touchdown in Yuba County
- Yuba County cracks down on pot gardens after authorities seize 5,000 plants
- Minor injury for pilot after small plane crash along the Yuba River
- Water released from Bullards Dam as Yuba River water levels rise
- Authorities still searching for missing teenager