TRINITY COUNTY, Calif. - The Trinity County Sheriff's Office is searching for a man they said shot another man in his car on Saturday.
Around 3:29 a.m. on Saturday, police received a 911 call from a man who said he had been shot in the southern Trinity County area.
Authorities and medical personnel arrived at the scene where they found the gunshot victim in his vehicle near State Route 36.
The victim was alone and was transported by helicopter to a local area hospital.
Before being transported, the victim told authorities that the man who shot him was in the car with him when it happened.
The shooting happened on a dirt road approximately 20 miles from where authorities found the victim, he said. The victim said he drove to the Mad River area to get cellphone service.
Authorities are searching for the suspect, who has not been identified. The incident is under investigation.
- Authorities searching for Trinity County shooting suspect
- Trinity County Sheriff's Office searching for armed robbery suspects
- Trinity County Sheriff Deputies Arrest Murder Suspect
- Trinity County poorest in California
- Trinity County votes: Local measures
- Stanislaus authorities searching for murder suspect
- Wife arrested in deadly shooting of husband in Trinity County
- Search teams found missing Trinity Alps hiker dead
- Trinity County's Presiding Superior Court Judge Resigns
- One Dead After Trinity County Fight